• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
t even sure why this shoe is par
I really don’t understand why New Balance chose to call this shoe the Minimus Trail V2 as it bears absolutely no resemblance to the MT00v1. About the only thing it shares in common with its predecessor is a zero drop sole. The v2 is luggier, beefier, and Bryon Powell at iRunFar reports that the Mimimus last is gone in favor of NB’s PL4 last. Given that the last is gone, I’m not even sure why this shoe is part of the Minimus collectionI wasn’t a big fan of the MT00 v1 since my pair fell apart after minimal mileage and I didn’t find it protective enough You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. for anything but the most well groomed trails, so the change doesn’t upset me much. That being said, my feeling is they should have gone with a totally new model name for this shoe.On a side note, New Balance You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. also moved another popular trail shoe, the MT110, from the Minimus last to the PL4 last, and the MT110v2 appears to be a radically changed (not to mention much uglier) shoe from v1. Much of the commentary following Powell’s You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. iRunFar roundup focuses on the MT110v2, with many trail runners expressing displeasure with the direction the shoe is takingIt’s the beginning of another August and that means it’s time for our roundup of the best new shoes of this summer’s Outdoor Retailer show, where companies highlighted their spring/summer 2014 offerings, which will generally debut in the first two months of next year. For the most part,You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.  this year’s show was full of incremental rather than revolutionary change.Click on any of the following featured shoes to jump down to our preview of the model. If you don’t find what you’re looking for on this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. list, try searching this page as we provide abbreviated previews on a number of other models. We’ve also published a Facebook album with additional angles and models.The Hoka One One Conquest is going to be one of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. those shoes that we have to run in before forming an opinion. Why? Because it looks ridiculous, BUT so did the original Hoka concept and it’s worked out well. So what’s going on with the Conquest? Two main things – Rmat and a truss system.Rmat is a new midsole material proprietary to Deckers, Hoka’s new parent company. It’s an injectable natural rubber with high weight-to-resiliency properties resulting in greater midsole durabilty and an even more silent ride. The Rmat layer is overlaid with Hoka’s proprietary EVA to maintain the Hoka feel underfoot.Unlike the traditional use of a truss in footwear, the Conquest’s truss You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. isn’t there to add support. Rather, the truss is there to allow decoupling in the rear of the shoe upon heel strike. The truss and a deep foot frame in the heel make the Conquest look like it rides higher off the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.ground than it really does. The shoe incorporates water drainage ports.